Based in Brighton, UK
|USD - Monthly Patreon Early Access||$2|
Dread Delusion is a retro-styled RPG in an intricate open world. Here, where state-approved magic is regulated by strange machines, a corruption is spreading. Poor souls drift as twisted, unspeakable things; while dwellers of the fungal forests pray in vain to their ancient gods. In this dying land, who will you be? Will you seek to unify the disparate settlements through diplomacy and trade? Or take up arms to carve out this corruption?
James Wragg began developing Dread Delusion in 2019 in an effort to merge the roleplaying and walking sim genres. He saw modern RPGs as unnecessarily burdened by repetitive combat, so aimed to make exploration a more prominent mechanic. Though the game has expanded to feature swords, spells and enemies, that core conceit has remained essential - and many of the game’s more esoteric secrets will only reveal themselves to pacifist players. The game featured on the 2020 Haunted PS1 Demo Disc, a critically appraised collection from a community that is redefining the indie aesthetic. PC Gamer’s Fraser Brown said that it was “Dread Delusion [...] that made the biggest impression. Even without the rose-tinted goggles of nostalgia, it just looks incredible.”
- Enticing Narratives: Each region is brimming with characters and stories. The choices you make shape the world around you.
- Expansive Exploration: The realm is a labyrinth of hidden paths, secret alcoves and bizarre structures.
- A Decrepit Home: Find respite in the ruins of an old town. Return to uncover its secrets and upgrade its central tower.
- Unspeakable Horrors: The land is beset by abominations of flesh and steel. Will you fight, sneak, or run?
- Grow Your Character: Amass spells, swords and potions. Embrace delusions to grow your abilities.
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Dread Delusion. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "It just looks incredible."
- Fraser Brown, PC Gamer
- "You want to see every last inch of it’s beautiful retro styled world and discover its many secrets."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Lovely Hellplace
Lovely Hellplace is an indie game studio. We strive to create unique worlds, rich with enticing narratives and innovative mechanics. Founded by James Wragg in the UK, we are currently developing the unusual open-world RPG, Dread Delusion.
More information on Lovely Hellplace, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dread Delusion Credits
Programming and Design